Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Trip Around Texas







For the last week and a half, we have been traveling around Texas. Our adventure started in Waco with the "Feagan Family Reunion", which is all of the moms family on her dad's side. It was fun and great to connect with family we only see once a year. After that, we loaded up Gentry and Nate and headed to Galveston for a couple of days. Jeff had some meetings down there so the boys and I tagged along. The boys loved the beach, everyday when we left they both cried and begged us to stay longer. It was so fun to have both of them there, although it was so exhausting. Jeff and I both actually got sick on the trip, I got an ear infection in both ears and Jeff got the flu. Other than that the trip was so fun!
After that we headed to Austin for more of Jeff's meetings and more pool time for me and the boys, and let me just say I feel like I had fish with me instead of boys. They swam every night until both of their eyes were red from the chlorine and their little toes and fingers were like raisins that had been left out in the New Mexico sun all day! Needless to say they slept great every night. They boys enjoyed the pool so much they said "I do not want to go home to your house I want to live at the hotel so I can swim" (Nate) "Me too, I don't like mommy's house" (G2). We came home regardless of what they said, I might have failed as a parent since I don't have a pool, but at least I love them!
Next we headed to Granbury for the weekend, which is where my grandma, grandpa, aunt and uncle live. They live right on the Brazos river and have a great yard that the boys love to play in. Also my cousin brought their little girls down for the day and so we had Nate 5, Kelsey 4, Gentry almost 3, and Kailin 2. It was a circus and so fun! As much as I love Colorado being in Texas made me miss my family and friendliness that comes with the great state of Texas.
We made our last stop in Dallas before we came home and again the boys swam until the were ready to drop. We caught a flight at 6:30 this morning in Dallas and made it home at 9:30. The early flight made for a long day with the boys since we got up at 4:30, (3:30 our time) but we are all exhausted and will go to bed early tonight! The video is of Gentry who will be 3 in September and Nate who just turned 5. They are both really great swimmers from an intense swim class that they have both taken, and Jeff and I both agree the time and money was so worth it because they are both great swimmers and it makes being by the pool so much more relaxing and fun!

No comments: