Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sweet Nate, and My Sweet Mom...

Last weekend Jeff and i were in Artesia. My little brother Nate took it upon himself at the ripe old age of 5 to teach Gentry to read. It was so funny. This clip is of Nate reading to Gentry, but after this video was taken Gentry tried to read the book himself. I didn't get it on video but every time Gentry would say the wrong word (which was ever other word), Nate would angrily correct him, and then Gentry would say whatever Nate told him to say. It was so cute! We have loved having Nate growing up so close in age to Gentry, it is like he has an older brother. In fact when they are together Nate always says Gentry is his little brother. We wish my parents were closer because the boys are so sweet together. And since neither one of us (my parents, or Jeff and I (especially my parents!!!!)) are planning any more kids for now, it is fun for them to experience the closest thing to a brother. I love these two sweet boys!!!!!


We had a great time at my parents. We went to a friends wedding from high school, so I got to reconnect with many of my high school friends. Gentry loved it because besides getting to hang out with Nate, his friend Asher was there, and they had a good time at the kiddy table that was at the reception. I had never seen one before, and I thought it was a clever idea until we got there. The great thing was they had coloring books and a whole table just for kids. The bad part was there there were huge bowls full of M&M's, Starburst, Skittles, and tons of candy! Which of course Gentry chowed down on every time we turned our head. Then the sweet girl who was in charge of the kiddy table thought Gentry would love chocolate strawberries. I am sure he didn't oppose! When I turned around he was covered in chocolate, and was literally scooping up the chocolate with his fingers and eating it!!!! Then on top of all that sugar, he had fruit punch that my mom gave him, and when we walked in from the wedding, my sweet, loving, wonderful, caring mom had both boys sitting at the table eating a popsicle at 9:30pm. Ahh... how we love grandparents and sugar, right? As you can imagine Gentry tossed all of his sugar up the next morning as we headed on a 3 hour trip to Albuquerque to catch our flight. I say it again, we love grandparents and sugar, right...

No comments: