Monday, July 27, 2009

Am I crazy????

Last week I took Gentry, Nate, Christian, and Olyvia to a pool here in Longmont. There was 2 big slides and Gentry kept bugging me to go down them. I couldn't leave the other kids and take him so I kept telling him no. I was sick of hearing him ask and I figured he wouldn't go without me since it was a pretty big slide, so I told him if he went by himself he could go. Little did I know him and Nate took off!!!!

About the time they got up there it was adult swim so they sent all the kids back down the stairs. Everyone that is except for Gentry. I was watching and realizing that he was not going to come down those stairs, and he was coming down that slide no matter what the lifeguard said. The lifeguard had turned around and wasn't watching my little devious son scheme his get away into the slide. I literally watched him creep behind her and jump in the slide!!!! I was seriously so mad and scared since the other life guard had left the bottom area since all the kids were not supposed to be going down the slide!!! As soon as the life guard heard Gentry hit the water in the slide she turned around only to see the back of a little blonde headed boy! She then turned down to the other life guard who was sitting on the side of the pool and screamed "Hey!! There is a little one coming down the slide!!" About that time he came shooting out of the slide all smiles! He plunged into the water, and then came up floating on his back about the time the life guard got to him and picked him up. His expression was priceless because he just couldn't figure out why she had rushed over and picked him up, and he was seriously having such a good time! Needless to say he had to sit in time out and got a spankin when we got home because he didn't mind. Secretly I thought it was really funny and such a great depiction of the fearless side of little boys, but I had to play mom and dicsipline at the time. Although, someday I will share the story with him of how God made him brave and fearless from the begininning!

I guess the real question from this story is...Am I crazy for taking 4 kids to a public pool and letting my 3 year old go down a really big slide all by himself as I watch from the bottom? Probably but then again, I wouldn't have any good stories to blog about!!!


My little dare devil coming down the slide backwards!

Sweet Nate enjoying the slide!

Gentry floating after he got off the slide because he couldn't touch.

The boys waiting in line for the slide! They look like little tiny ants up there!

The slide that Gentry and Nate had to try all on their own!!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Whoa- that is a huge slide! He is brave. Very brave!