Friday, May 17, 2013

Jeff's 80's North Shore 30th birthday party, Racheal's 22nd birthday, Mother's Day Celebration

So when Jeff's 30th birthday was approaching I really wanted to throw a big surprise birthday bash.  Jeff would rather not make it a big deal and feels embarrassed to be the center of attention,  I however feel like 30 is a turning point in life that should be celebrated!  It feels official, like maybe we should finally grow up, or something crazy like that.  We are young at heart and age is just a number but I was wanting to send Jeff out of his 20's with a bang.

Originally I was hoping to plan a surprise mustache party for Jeff...he happened to come across some of the party plans and he foiled my evil plan!  He begged me not to have a surprise party and since it was about him and not me :)  I abliged.  Instead we settled on planning a day at the beach with friends and a bonfire.  Somewhere in the mix of conversations about his birthday with friends the 1987 movie North Shore came up.  I have never seen the movie and had no clue what these crazy surfer people were talking about, but out of the conversations came the idea that we should have an 80's/North Shore beach party...sounds awesome right????


Well if you know Jeff and I, you know that we love to dress up for any and every occasion that we can and so an 80's/NorthShore party is what we had!  The party itself got pushed back a couple of weeks because we couldn't find a weekend that worked until this past weekend which was Mother's Day. So we celebrated Mother's Day and a friend, Rachael's 22nd birthday because she is here for a month and turned 22 last Tuesday so we needed to celebrate her too!  Basically I think we all just wanted an excuse to dress up 80's style and wear crazy clothes, and hang out :)


They boys were loving the blue zinc oxide

Before the magic of teasing hair and blue eye shadow commenced
It was serious business getting ready

Looking good girls!

I started with a side ponytail, but it just wasn't quite 80's enough...

So we busted out the picks and hair spray
Oh yes I did folks...80's wings and frizz in the house!
Looking good gang!


Jeff was Burkhart from the movie, which apparentlyBurkhart thinks he is really cool.  He always has random designs of zinc oxide on and has an entarage of girls around him all the time...


He had the zinc...
And he had an entorage... but don't let it go to your head babe, I was merely playing the part!  



Happy 22nd Rachael!!   So glad you are here so we could celebrate with you! 


I think we look good in 80's  gear :)



Chandler and his entorage...Shawn don't let it go to your head either, she was also only playing the part!

Little Miss Abby was loving her side ponytail and blue eye shadow and I have to say she pretty much rocked it :)

Yet another family photo in which we are in costume...G you can say a lot of things about your parents, but you can't say we aren't fun :)
Courtney and Justin get a free pass on not dressing up only because they were moving...next time  (cause you know there will be a next time we dress up) bring your A game clothes!
Your face looks almost as awesome as my hair!  Love you birthday boy!
Smores!
What's a bonfire without some tunes?


Even though it wasn't the huge suprise 30th birthday party I had originally envisioned, it had all the simple things in life that Jeff loves.  The beach, friends, food, surfing, a good costume, playing guitar, singing, and me and G :)  We didn't gather around and sing Happy Birthday as he blew out birthday candles, he wasn't the center of attention, instead it was a laid back beach day dressed up like an 80's surf movie and it was super fun!  Love you babe and hope your 30th year is full of all the things you love in life!!

No comments: