Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Maelie Hope is 1 month old!

Maelie is 1 month old today!  I can't believe how fast this month has gone, and at the same time I feel like she has been apart of our family forever.  In the past month life has significantly changed (obviously).  For starters I have 2 kids now :)  My hair is always crazy, I hardly have any makeup on and if I do it's usually only half a side done, I am exhausted beyond measure, have washed a dozen loads of laundry ENTIRELY of pink and purple clothes, blankets, burp cloths, have been pooped on twice in 1 day, nursed more hours of the day than I care to count, bounced and shushed for hours as little Mae screams her way into my heart, but most of all I have cuddled, held and stared at for hours, adored, taken a bazillion pictures, and fallen in love with this little peanut that God gave us.



In the first month Maelie Hope has already acquired a couple of nicknames:  Mae; Mae Mae; Maelie Moe; M; little Mae; little Woman; Baby Mae; Maeweee (G's contribution); Super Mae (also G's contribution); Mighty Mae (also G)

Sweet Maelie Hope we love you so much!  You are a bit of a crier...or a lot of a crier :)  You are a girl who knows what she wants, if only we knew trust me we would move Heaven and Earth to get it for you!  You have the prettiest dark blue eyes.  You look so much like your big brother G, so much so he thought a picture of him was you! You LOVE being in the stroller and sometimes it's where we let you sleep so you won't cry.  You love having your little hands right up by your face, and sucking on your hand.  You have started smiling at us when we talk you.  You LOVE bath time and coconut oil baby massages!  Your bedtime is between 7 and 7:30 and you are sleeping 4 hour stretches until about 8am (knocking on wood).  You are a noisy little nurser and grunt and coo the entire time you nurse :)  We love all your funny/sweet faces and G and I often make a game out of talking for you in funny voices saying what we think you would say according to your face...it's quite hilarious sometimes :)

The "You people have no clue face" 

G: "I'm so tired mom, but I just can't put my arm down...must keep dancing"

"Seriously mom...more pictures" 
I love her cute yawn

G calls this her "Doh" face...pretty sure he took that from Homer Simpsons famous line "Doh"

Sometimes you randomly flail your arms and punch yourself in the face, which your big brother G thinks is hilarious.  Big brother G loves you more than he could have ever imagined, he adoringly calls you "his baby" when he talks about you at school or to other people, and ask every night for you to come lay in bed with us when I read to him.  He has gotten in trouble a couple of times when you have been sleeping because he sneaks in and talks to you and starts tickling your feet or hands cause he "just wanted to see Maeweeee".

Little Mae's and Big G's feet :)

You are certainly loved little woman.  It's only been a month and you have turned our world upside down with little girl sweetness...along with some sleepless nights, and lots of crying, but mostly just little girl sweetness.  I have asked your dad on numerous occasions "why did we wait so long to have one of these?"  We love you so much!!







1 comment:

Mackenzie Turrill said...

Seriously beautiful Ash. We love you guys so much and are sharing in your joy all the way here in CO...we can't wait to see you guys! xoxo