Sunday, August 3, 2014

Shower for Baby Girl Swanson

My dear friends had the sweetest/funniest baby shower for baby girl Swanson!  I felt so loved and blessed by everyone who came.  While this pregnancy has been so great from beginning to end (although today is my due date and as far as I can tell there is no end in sight yet), I have been so sad knowing I will be having a baby without my mom and sister here.  I would say it's definitely been one of the things that makes me saddest about living so far away and about this pregnancy.
My dad wrote a note that they gave to me at the shower which was so sweet and one of my favorite things about the shower.  My heart was filled with joy to read his words and yet quickly filled with the saddness and pain of not having them near to celebrate this sweet time with us.  We are counting down the days until we are going home and they get to meet baby girl!

Even though my blood family can't be here, I have been so blessed by "family" here in Costa Rica and the baby shower reminded me of how blessed I am to have such a great support system here, and I really am so thankful for that.  

It was so fun opening each gift and getting little pink, purple, yellow ruffled things.  So weird!!!  When I got home, I literally took everything out again and looked at every single thing to help it sink in, that yes indeed I was having a baby, and yes indeed it was a girl!  Or at least I hope so at this point :)
G walked in from being at a friends house and saw everything on the table and said "Are you kidding me????  This is all for the baby?  Babies are tiny and don't even do anything and every single thing is pink!  Is there anything in there for me?"  Luckily I did bring him back some cake pops so it ended up being okay in his book.  

The DEETS!
If there's one thing I love about parties, it's the little details of things!  Everything at the shower had the "pop" theme.  It was so cute!

31 weeks pregnant, only 9 weeks left until I pop!





Finding the tiny safety pins in a bowl of rice.  Sounds easy but the only ones I actually got out are when I was cheating... :)

I had to post this pic because I think it's the only piece of clothing I got that wasn't pink :)
We played a game where if you caught someone touching their hair you stole their clothes pin and all the ones they had stolen.  Pauline was the clothes pin bandit the entire shower, until...

The confident look of the winner as the time came to a close
Until she was ambushed by Pamela!  Poor Pauline!!
Even every tissue paper was some shade of pink :)



The TREATS!




We won't discuss how many cake pops I may have eaten.  Hypothetically speaking it might have been close to the number of clothes pins Pamela ended up with :)  





And most important the PEEPS!  I can't say enough for the friends I have, I am so blessed!  Thank you all for making this time so special and loving us!






After this picture was taken something hysterical happened...

I mean hilariously funny...

Uncontrollably laughing funny...

Those are tears coming out funny...
Okay almost pulling it together funny...I have no idea what was so funny but seriously, it must have been really funny :)















No comments: