Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Favorite Conversation of the Day...From Afar!

Gentry is currently at my parents spending a couple of weeks or at least until we last without that little man!  A good friend of ours Kelsey Scott graduated from high school.  We went to her graduation party a couple of weeks ago when I was at my parents, and came home with a bunch of plastic OU cups, because that's where she is going to school in the fall.  

Gentry was sitting at the kitchen table eating with my mom, dad, and Nate.  Mom handed Gentry an OU cup to drink out of.

Gentry: "Babie, I can't drink out of that!"

Babie (aka Jill):  "Yes you can?"

Gentry: "Babie, I cannot use that cup, my parents will be so mad.  My dad will give me a big spankin"

Babie: "I don't think your parents will care if you just drink out of this cup for dinner."

Gentry: "Yes they will, they will be so mad it's not a CU cup.  I just can't drink out of it"

So honestly I don't think we have ever threatened Gentry with spankins about other sports teams...but that a thought!! J/K  I guess he can sense our love for the Buffs and would never betray his favorite team!  So cute and we secretly love that he wouldn't drink out of a OU cup!!! :)  Sorry Kelsey and Landry but this family has nothing but BUFF LOVE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO BUFFS!!! That is hilarious Ash!!

Nikki said...

Oh Landry will love this story. I'm gonna have to tell him. My child is so brainwashed that I think he could possibly bleed crimson. We have taught him the Tech song and at the end of it he yells, "O-U!" We dont stand a chance against Uncle Boom. Truth be told, I'm turning Sooner too. Those Sooners have a way with people!