Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gentry's first Girlfriend

When we were visiting my parents, I had my first encounter as a mom of Gentry having a girlfriend. When were driving down I was telling the kids how we were going to go to a graduation party for Kelsey Scott (a good family friend I mentioned previously, that is going to OU in the fall). When I asked Gentry if he remembered Kelsey, here was his response.

Gentry: "Oh ya mom, she is my girlfriend."

Mom: "Oh...she is? How long have you been boyfriend and girlfriend?"

Gentry: "Well...she has been my girlfriend for kinda a long time mom"

(He said all of this in a tone as if it was common knowledge and I should have known this)

I was a little surprised that he had a girlfriend for a while without me knowing but I can't blame him, she is really sweet and gorgeous!! I even happened to catch their first kiss, or their attempted first kiss!!! Our conversation was so funny because I have never talked about girlfriends or heard him talk about it, but I guess it is just a glimpse into the future and what I will be dealing with. I hope he continues to have good taste in women as he get's older!!!



No comments: