Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Favorite Conversation of the Day...

A little bit of background...Jeff and I like dogs but would not even entertain the thought of a dog because we like our yard poop free, we already went through sleepless nights with a baby and are out of that stage(so do not want to repeat it with a puppy!), have already potty trained our son(do not want to potty train a dog!), and don't want to have to worry about the dog being okay when we are out of town! With all that to say we do not ever talk about puppies or dogs with Gentry!! Instead since Gentry's likes dogs we play pretend dogs and he some stuffed animal dogs that we thought would satisfy his love for dogs. But after this morning I am convinced that someone is out to get us!!!! They are planting secret ideas in Gentry to force us into getting a dog!!!

Gentry: "Mom do you sink(think) I should get a puppy?

Mom: "I don't, do you think you should?"

Gentry: "Yes I do, but I want a real puppy, not a pretend one, one that barks at night"

Mom: "Who told you that you should get a puppy who barks?"

Gentry: "I no(don't) know, I sink(think) I just need a real puppy who barks and will like going to my pirate birfday(birthday) party"

Mom: (on the phone with Jeff)-"Did you talk to Gentry about getting a real dog for his birthday?"

Jeff: "No why"

No comments: