Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our First Marathon!!!!







Jeff and I ran in the Boulder Backroads Marathon on Sunday the 21st! It was brutal to say the least. We had trained really faithfully all summer until we went on vacation at the beginning of August, then we slacked off a bit! We were supposed to get 2 20 mile runs in before we actually ran the marathon, but instead we only ran a 15 mile run and that was back in July! Yikes we definitely could tell we should have trained more but we finished and that was our ultimate goal! Jeff and I had fun doing it together and while I did swear I would never run one again on Sunday when we finished, I am already thinking "what if we would have been fully trained?" We will see! If you are ever going to run a marathon, boulder backroads has a beautiful scenery that takes your mind off the pain (well at least some of the time!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that you keep telling me that I wouldnt be impressed if I would have just saw you but I AM!! I think that's awesome! Look at you in your spandix!!! Go Ashlie!!! I'm super proud of you!

Nikki said...

IM not Adam!! This is Nikki!