Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Once a Bride Always a Bride...Right?



One of my best friends came for a visit this weekend to spend a couple of days at our crazy home! Sarah recently got engaged and is planning the wedding in Colorado. We went looking for places to have the wedding and also went to a bridal show in Denver. We ended up visiting a friend so made it to the last 20 minutes of the show. Apparently, they were giving out 2 prizes at the end of the show and you had to stay until the very end to win. The first prize was a goody bag full of coupons for free bouquets, grooms cakes, and lot's of other good stuff, and oddly enough I won. (To get in free you had to be engaged so I might have figged the year to get in free, not assuming I would win:)) I was so embarrassed cause they called me up to the front and told the story of how Jeff proposed. I didn't want to go up but Sarah kept telling me to go, and the people around me starting noticing my very embarrassed red face, so I had to go. Well I am justifying with they saying Once a Bride Always a Bride! Sorry for lying wedding people, but thanks for the goodies, it will help with Sarah's wedding!!!!

The story gets better, the second and last prize they gave out was a free cruise. And guess who won that...SARAH! (The pictures are of Sarah winning her cruise!) It was so fun and exciting for her! We both starting screaming and then stopped cause we thought maybe we heard it wrong. We didn't, she really did win and I am just convinced that God is really excited for Sarah and Corey to get married because he keeps providing so many blessings! I am so excited for them and can't wait for their wedding in August!

I am beyond excited because Sarah has been one of my best friends since I started college. When Jeff and I's wedding rolled around, Sarah was on a summer project and was not allowed to take of to come. We were both really sad that she couldn't share that special time with me, in fact the night before my wedding we talked on the phone and cried together wishing she could have been there! Now it's her turn and I am overjoyed that I am getting to walk through the fun wedding experience with her. I loved driving around looking for places, looking for dresses, and talking about all her ideas for her wedding all weekend. It really was a special weekend that we spent together! I am also looking forward to seeing Gentry walk down the aisle in a little tux (or captain hook outfit sword and all) since she asked him to be her ring bear. The only bad thing is when she asked him if he would want to be the ring bear he told her "Yes but, I don't want to be a ring bear, I want to be pirate potato head" Not sure what that means but we have 1o months to convince him otherwise! We love Sarah and can't wait for her special day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay!!! i couldn't believe it when sarah texted me!! it was so funny that you guy were at my house joking about winning, and less than an hour later sending me a message saying she'd won!! too funny!!!! I'm convinced God is excited, too! :)