Saturday, March 14, 2009

My sick little pirate



Gentry got really sick last Sunday with croup.  The first 3 nights we were up at least 4 times going outside, then sitting on the bathroom floor with steam.  The next couple of nights we were only up about twice but more cause Gentry was thirsty or just hot from his fever.  I am happy to say on Friday night he finally slept through the night again, and woke up with no fever and played all day today!  Yeah!!!!  We have been taking a couple of health classes lately and are starting to go down the path of NO medication!  Yikes it is kinda scary!  We are constantly bombarded with medication ads and constantly told we need  medicine, but I am realizing more and more how amazing the body is that God has given us, and is capable doing much more than we give it credit for.  A couple of times throughout our week long sickness I was beginning to question our decision and doubt myself, but we endured and I am really glad we did!  

This is a picture of Gentry one morning sitting with Jeff.  He kept saying "Mom, I am weelly not tired"  although I knew he was exhausted because he hadn't slept more than 2 hours the night before!  He was sitting with Jeff for about 5 minutes and fell fast asleep with dad, and of course even though he was really sick, he wore his faithful pirate bandanna!  

1 comment:

Mackenzie Turrill said...

Oh Gent...! He's a pirate till the end! (Maybe he can write the book, "Pirates Don't Get Sick" :) Glad you're feeling better buddy!