Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Weekend with My Hubby!!


Jeff and I went away this weekend for a marriage conference in Vail. It was so fun to get away just the 2 of us. I can't lie we slept in and missed the morning sessions, but a morning slept in well worth it!!! Vail was of course gorgeous and such a romantic place to go. On Saturday night we went to eat at a really nice restaurant, the kind you read the menu and don't really know what it is, and each plate is between $30 and $50. It was good food, and the atmosphere was really romantic, but as I was sitting there I realized...there is just nothing like chips and salsa at a mexican food restaurant! How lame is that, here I was sitting a really nice restaurant but all I could think about was MEXICAN FOOD!
Jeff and I spent the entire weekend together and uninterrupted , and loving every minute! Sadly we get so busy in life we forget to really appreciate our spouse (or at least I do!) So our time away was well worth it. God has been really faithful in providing grace and patience in our home since Tandi and the kids moved in, and while we feel blessed that He has protected us in so many ways, this weekend we realized how much of the little everyday things we miss out with each other because a house full of kids! It was so refreshing and I am so glad I got to spend a weekend with my hubby!!!! I still love that boy!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm excited for you guys. What a nice break! Isnt it sad how the craziness of life causes us to miss out on the little things? We are reading a great book about little things to do in marriage that makes a huge difference. They are easy little things like taking time for hugs or laughter. They make such a big difference in your day!

Mackenzie Turrill said...

hi Ash!!! the bikini pics are up!