Sunday, April 26, 2009

Super-Hero Day!!


Two years ago we started a tradition at Easter.  In some of Gentry's eggs, we put little coupons for him.  The coupons are just different outings, special treats, or special time that he would enjoy.  This year the coupons included: Golf time with dad, Family Nerf Gun War, A movie date with mom and dad, Rockies Game, An afternoon baking Gentry's choice of cookies with mom, and a Super-Hero Dress up Day.

Friday Gentry decided he wanted to use his super-hero dress up day, and so I braved the world of super-heros and dressed up with my little man.  He actually helped me pick out my outfit for the day and was so excited to introduce me as "cat gurl (girl)"  

I can't explain the sheer joy that he had when I walked out of my room!  He was beyond excited and honestly I don't think I have ever done anything for him that he enjoyed more than me dressing up with him!  All morning we played spiderman and "cat gurl"!  I wrestled, jumped on the trampoline doing "kung foo kicks", spun ropes (I was not allowed to spin webs, "only spidey can do that!"), and any other super-hero game Gentry could come up with!  

Even though it was a little humiliating to be dressed like "cat gurl" all day, the excitement that Gentry had all day was more than enough to keep me playing his super-hero games all day!!! He even cried that evening when I took off my outfit because he wanted to "keep playing super-hero's with cat gurl" :(  That night we went to target (I wore sweats over "cat gurl"!) and Gentry told the lady checking us out "my mom is really "cat gurl")  Little did she know I really was that day! :)  


  

   

9 comments:

Mackenzie Turrill said...

YOU are the BEST mom EVER!

J Prude said...

I have to second that! Those are memories that will last a lifetime.

Ashley said...

I'll third that!

Amy said...

I love your Blog, Ashlie. Your little boy is so cute.

Nominate someone or something in need said...

you crack me up:)

Taryn said...

What a neat treat! I love those little coupons. I will have to remember that!

TheFrazers said...

You know this was a great post when you have like a hundred people comment on it! What a sweet mommy you are! I am learning a lot from how you play with your kids. Love you friend

TheFrazers said...

I love that you had that dream! We are so excited for whatever it is, but I would love to have a boy for Drew...I hope you are prophetic:). Miss you a ton!

TheFrazers said...

Hey girl, just wanted to say love you and we love your family. Excited to be mamas together. We will update you asap! I am feeling a bit nervous right now...good nervous, but nervous none the less. Thanks for your prayers