Monday, May 18, 2009

I can't complain...

I have been teaching Gentry to make his bed and do little chores around the house.  It started with putting his underwear and socks away when I fold clothes.  We have worked up to putting jammies away, and this week we started or should I say attempted to make his bed.  No matter what it looks like, I can't complain, he thinks it is really fun to make his bed, and loves helping me put up clothes.  I know my days are few and it won't be to long before I turn into a very uncool nuisance in his life,  so I am relishing in the fact he thinks it is fun to help mom around the house!!



Day 1: He was so proud!  Even though it just looks like bunched up blanket, it was about 15 minutes of making it "so purfect"



Day 2:  Getting better!  I had him come help with my bed before he made his, and it seems like setting a good example helps!  Now you know why the first day his blanket was all bunched up!!!  Yikes I better get with it and make my bed every morning so Gentry will keep thinking it's fun!!!


2 comments:

McNicoll Family said...

You are such an amazing mother! :)

Taryn said...

You are so smart. Make making the bed fun. I do have to say- that first bed is pretty perfect.