Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day


We are so thankful we get to spend Memorial Day with Jeff every year!!!  What a sacrifice he made to serve his country, and how blessed we are to have him home with us every year to celebrate him and other veterans who have served our country.  Thank you so much Jeff for all you gave and sacrificed.  We will never forget the day you came home safe and sound and we all 3 began our life together again!!  We both love you and appreciate you so much.


We have made it a tradition on Memorial Day to run the Bolder Boulder and enjoy the the festivities that Boulder holds each year!  It was so fun and Memorial Day has become one of my favorite holidays.  I love the significance of the day and how close to our hearts the meaning really is.  It is also the beginning of summer and I love summer.  I actually had the chance to see George W Bush speak in my hometown last week, but I would have missed spending Memorial Day with Jeff, and I just couldn't do it!  Babe that should tell you how much I love you, cause you know I LOVE George W!!!  My favorite part of the day is when we were telling Gentry what Memorial Day was and he turned to Jeff and said "Thank daddy for being a soldier and keeping us safe"  my heart melted at how sweet my son is, and how great my husband is I am a BLESSED woman!!



At the Boulder Creek Festival Gentry suited up and jumped or should I say "flied like Superman"  He had quite a day from jumping, to hot dogs, to blow-up toys...and that was just the morning!!!





We had some friends come over for a BBQ after the Bolder Boulder.  Tink was included in the bunch and I took her in to wake Gentry up from his nap and I think the following picture explains how the both felt!  It was absolutely adorable!





Gentry thoroughly liked his wake up call from Tink!  And I can't lie, I did to, it was so cute!!!  Maybe they will get married, or maybe they will just be great buds, but either way we are loving watching a friendship between these two start at such a young age!  

Needless to say, we had a great Memorial Day!

No comments: