Thursday, May 28, 2009

My little helper


We were supposed to leave for my parents house on Thursday for a little visit.  On Wednesday I woke up to find this in the kitchen.  Gentry thought we were leaving on Wednesday and so had attempted to help me pack.  I had folded some laundry the night before and left it in the living room and sweet little helper had moved it all to the kitchen sitting in perfect little piles on the counter.  It was really cute and he was really proud of himself.  

Side Note:

I have leaned more on the side of being very scheduled  and strict with Gentry about our daily routine and what he does.  This has worked very well with our family and I have really enjoyed the routine and predictability of Gentry.  BUT...  in turn my little man has turned into clock work himself and expects things a certain way and now even questions me!!!  When I was packing he literally gave me the 411 on what I needed to pack!  "Mom did you get my undies?"  "Did you get my fishing pole so I can go fishing with Pop?"  "Mom I need you to memeber my swimsuit"  "Mom you forgot to pack my socks."  At first it was cute...and then I can't lie, it started to drive me crazy a little bit!!!!  Throughout the whole day of packing, cleaning, and running errands getting ready to leave, little G constantly reminded me of what we needed to pack.  I had a conversation about remembering his fishing pole for his fishing trip with Pop at least 10 times!!!  Yikes it was a little draining but I love that he is becoming independent and actually just following the example we have set!   There is good and bad to every method of child raising!!!

1 comment:

ktjean said...

oh he is so sweet! Him and Cade would be besties...they HAVE to meet soon!