Friday, December 11, 2009

Favorite Conversation of the Day...

Tonight before G went to bed we wrote a letter to Santa and some pretty sweet deep (for a four year old) conversation. The letter was pretty funny to write. Following the letter we started talking about how blessed we were. I'm sure I started the conversation with some lame mom "your so blessed phrase" but I'm leaving that one out to spare me some embarrassment :) It was one of those conversations where you just sit back as a parent and listen, he had lot's going on in his little mind and seriously talked for about 20 minutes, and for those of you who know my son, know that is a lot for him!! I was loving every minute. (Here is a snip-it of our one sided conversation).

Gentry: "Ya we have lot's of food, and some people don't. That's why sometimes we just take people who don't have food some food. Even we could take them all of our food, cause even if all of our food is gone, we can just go to the store and get more. And we have lot's of toys so we can give kids all of our toys too. That's okay mom if we give them all my toys, you can just go to Target and buy me more."

As our conversation continued it turned from the sweet caring boy to the little sword fighter he is :) We started talking about how Jesus died for our sins (we watched the lion the witch and the wardrobe, and were answering questions from the movie)

Gentry:"Who killed Jesus? Was it bad guys"

Mom: "Well they weren't necessarily bad guys, but they weren't being very nice"

Gentry:"What did they do to Jesus? Did the punch him in the face? Did they beat him up?"

Mom: "Ya they probably did. They put thorns around his head so he was bleeding, and made him carry a really heavy cross after they beat him up"

Gentry: "Then they put those nails in his hands?"

Mom:"Ya and in his feet"

Then Gentry proceeds with the million dollar question that all little boys want to know.

Gentry: "Mom why didn't Jesus just fight back...He's Jesus, he could beat up all those bad guys"

Oh sweet G, one lesson at a time I guess :) To be quite honest I didn't really know what to say so I did what I do best...laugh :) Any of you parents that have gone before me and know how to answer the ever ongoing questions of a 4 year old, I would love some input! :) Anyways needless to say we had an eventful evening full of questions, and I am about all out of answers!!

No comments: