Saturday, January 3, 2009

Graduating from Capin Hook to Capin Jack

Gentry is no longer claiming to be Capin Hook, but has indeed decided to be Capin Jack! We let him watch the 3rd pirates of the Caribbean for the first time this week. His sword is constantly stowed away in his pant leg and is ready to engage in a fierce sword fight at any moment! His fascination with pirates has lasted a full year, it was this time last year that he began the obbsession with Capin Hook.

Today I was taking down the Christmas decorations, which was very disturbing in itself because he said "I was ruining the Christmas tree and all of his Christmas decorations", he cried and told me that "Capin Jack loves Christmas and we need to keep everything out". At one point he literally started putting the ornaments back on the tree! Finally I put on Pirates of the Caribbean to keep him busy so I could finish! Here is a picture of him as Capin Jack (or so he thinks!), and a video of him sword fighting. A couple of times he told me to "walk the plank, and load the cannons!" Throughout the ENTIRE movie everytime anyone picked up their sword, Gentry was fighting right along side them! It was pretty entertaining, and I am quite sure that his love for pirates and Christmas are not things that will easily be outgrown!



2 comments:

TheFrazers said...

Ash,
HYSTERICAL! That is the cutest pirate I have ever seen. Tell him I think he looks strong and brave! Great to see you at church today. I burned my hand...BIG TIME...on a pan tonight! It seems I can't stay healthy for long right now. Take care and loved the update!

Nikki said...

Wow Cap'n Jack that is some fiece sword fighting. Very impressive!!!