Friday, January 9, 2009

Pizza Friday!

A weekly tradition at our house has become our Pizza Fridays!  We usually watch a movie after pizza, but recently have been trying to get a little creative to make our fun days a little cheaper, so tonight that was what we did.  Tonight we had our pizza (and no it's not delivery... it's Digiorno :) )  and then had a little bit of a dance party in the kitchen (note that there will be no pictures of that, being that Jeff and I were both apart of the circus, but a great video of Gentry and Nate doing the robot should follow in a couple of days!).  The music started with Veggie Tales, but let's be honest they don't quite carry that the beat that makes you really want to bob your head... so we moved on to bigger and better!  This included some songs from my running playlist, don't worry I skipped over Rihanna, Pink, JT, Sean Paul, and a couple of others, but we did listen to Will Smith and Jordin Sparks.  Let me just say you have never been to dance party like this one, it was rockin!

After  dancing Jeff and I built a big tent in the living room and had all the kids get their blankets and pillows.  I can't lie, building the tent was so fun, I think I might have been a little more excited than the kids were because some of my favorite childhood memories are when my dad would have us kids on his own and our night would consist of a huge sock war (something that might begin in the Swanson household soon!), and a huge tent for all us kiddos to fall asleep in!  PRICELESS!!!  Anyways the kids loved it, and they all sat in the tent and watched... (I thought about lying here since I know my mom will read this and most likely not approve, but what can she do 10 hours away?  Love you mom :) !)  NACHO LIBRE!!!  We already had the movie and didn't want to go rent another. All the movies we own are Christmas movies and if we have to watch the Grinch Stole Christmas again, I will loss it, and Gentry will cry because Christmas got stolen, something I am not willing to do on this find Friday night!

At first you might think, wow that is not a kid movie, but let me defend my case.  There are no sex scenes and no bad language. It is about a man who loves God and loves to wrestle, which basically is the story of Jeff as a young man, who is an amazing man of God now,  so I figured it couldn't be that bad!  Seriously the kids loved it even Olyvia! The agenda tomorrow includes, nothing less than wrestling and homemade Luchador Masks for everyone!!!  It was classic and so fun!

These are some pics from the kids tonight.  The first is of the kids making a sad face that we were done with our dance party, all except for Gent, I have no idea what he is doing, just being a boy I guess :).  The rest are all of the kids in the tent.  Notice that I did not include any pics of the actual tent itself, this is because I have yet to uncover the secret techniques of the tent Master (my dad), and basically it was all but pathetic!





 

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Sounds fun...we love to rent movies from the red box b/c they are so cheap, just $1.

Nominate someone or something in need said...

WOW!!! olivia looks JUST like Tandi!!!! miss you guys but sounds like things are going good!!! love ya!!!