Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update from Christmas...


So I know it's late but I am finally catching up on my blog from Christmas!  Gentry walked away from Christmas with a pirate sleeping bag, pirate ship, pirate bear, and pirate book!  He nothing less than ECSTATIC!!!  While he does have a bed, every night since Christmas he has slept in his pirate sleeping bag on top of his regular bed!  His Babie and Poppy (I mean Santa) will never know how much that sleeping bag makes our day!  The day after we got home from NM, Gentry played in his room for 3 hours all alone with his little people pirate ship!  I kept walking around the corner to watch him and make sure he was okay, and he never even acknowledged me.  He just continued playing and occasionally would sing out "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me!"  So sweet!  He got a whole week being the only kid again, and soaked it up!  Everyday he slept in until at least 9, which is unheard of since the boy was born!!!!  

The following pictures and video are of Gentry in this bag that my mom got from one of her sisters.  (Thanks Aunt Kay, you provided entertainment for us all day!) She opened it and literally the rest of the day he was inside the bag pretending to be a puppy named Smudgey.  He would even have us carry it around and pretend he was our little puppy.  Hilarious.  Sometimes I wonder what our holidays would be like if we didn't have these little peeps... Well they would include more sleep, but they might be significantly more boring! 



  

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Wow Ash...it looks like Gentry really loves puppies. I'm sure he would be so excited if he had a real one running around his house. We have two and could settle with just one. When is his birthday again?? haha