Thursday, January 31, 2013

Baby, we'll roll with it!

A couple of years ago this country song came out called "Roll with it" by Easton Corbin (He also sings a little more country than that...he's a man after my own heart).  My country spirit immediately fell in love with the song and instantly reminded me of the sweet journey I have been on with Jeff.  Since then, when things go disarray in life we reference our need to "just roll with it" and "get out of this ordinary everyday rut" (hence the blog name) and enjoy each other.

In the 9 1/2 years we have been married there have been many times I wondered why in the world God had given me more on my plate than I could handle, felt overwhelmed with life, and in the back of my mind have questioned if we have made the right decisions along the way. I don't mean marrying Jeff, he's my hottie till the end and I don't regret a day with him, but let's be honest, marriage is anything but easy and the trials we have encountered have definitely tested our marriage.  Through every storm though there has been a peaceful place we have been able to look back experience God's grace and hope for a better tomorrow. This of course just happens briefly before the next storm starts brewing :)  

The past couple of years have felt like our life has somewhat settled and the storms seem to be fewer and far between and much less intense!!  After 2 army deployments, the best surprise of my life (although a couple of years earlier than I had planned :) in the midst of one of the deployments, a rough transition after the long deployment, both of us finishing college with our sweet baby boy in tow,  braces (don't laugh you would be surprised the impact adult braces have on a person:) a couple of lost jobs, couple of career changes, and grad school, I guess that's to be expected :)  

Even though I seriously shutter sometimes at how hard life was at times over the last 9 1/2 years, I love that we are living in a different country living out our dream of living overseas because of all those things we experienced.  All those trials have allowed Jeff and I to be molded into more flexible more easy going and more able to let God lead us wherever He's taking us.  I didn't say it was easy, I said MORE than we were before :)  I still struggle with trusting that God is in control, but I really can see how God has used those experiences in my life to help me relax, enjoy the sweetness of life a little more, and love my family with out feeling so stressed about the little things in life.  I love my life, I love that God gave me Jeff, I love my precious blue eyed boy, and I love that we are on this new journey together regardless of all the little things that are throwing me for a loop here.  Up to this point the only crying break down I have had is the grocery store, other than that I have been able to laugh at all the things thrown my way, although I'm anticipating one in the next week or so, I figure it's about time :)

I laugh to myself that about the time life settles for us, we up and move to Costa Rica!!!  Really???  Even though we made life more complicated (even more so with recent events, blog to follow on a night I'm not so tired), we are absolutely loving our new adventure and are continuing the theme of our lives "Baby we'll Roll with it".  I used to hate that life was always changing and scared of what change might come next, I am now embracing it and loving that we literally just "roll with it" cause as long as I have my partner in crime by my side, we can laugh, love, and make it through whatever curveball comes our way, even grocery stores in Costa Rica!

To the love of my life, may we have many more crazy years full of laughter, love, family, and opportunities  for  us to  roll with it and follow wherever God leads our free spirited lives!  I absolutely love our journey and love you more than you will ever know



No comments: