Friday, March 1, 2013

Favorite Conversation of the Day!

Back in the day when I first started blogging I would occasionally write a blog called favorite conversation of the day which highlighted some of Gentry's cute/funny comments, stories, and behaviors.  I haven't written one in a while so I figured I better write down some of the things he has said since we moved here.



**After a conversation at the Vet with a guy who was talking about his "fiesty" little male dog who needed to get fixed (my weird dude radar was off the charts), 

Gentry said:
"That guy was weird. Well Molly can't have puppies cause she's a baby dog and she isn't even married.   Dogs don't get married (laughing), I guess dogs (his voice started trailing off cause he was really thinking through the subject) just somehow have puppies...hmmm that's odd how do dogs have puppies?"



**After seeing a 20 something dedicated surfer literally drop his pants bending over right in front of us to put on his swim suit. (Really?? You couldn't change at your house or in your car?  It's really that big of an emergency to change in front of small children???  Really??)

Gentry:
"I can't believe that guy just got naked right there, he is a horrible example for little boys my age.  You can't just take off your clothes wherever when people are right there looking!! (His hands flew up in the air)  That's just ridiculous! (Yes it is son, live by those words and you will go far in life)




**"I think that dog might be poor.  He doesn't look like he has a home.  I guess I don't really know if he's poor, only God knows, but he sure looks like he needs a bone. "



**Picking up a machete for sale at the Vet (I have know idea why they are sold there, but they are)
"Dad we totally need this machevy!" 




**If you are easily embarrassed (I'm apologizing in advance to my mom, because she occasionally gets embarrassed of what I write on my blog :)  Sorry mom, blame dad, I get my story telling ability from him, it's definitely all his fault) skip this next one, but if you are the mom of a boy, you might enjoy :)

We are at the beach on a hot Sunday afternoon...Gentry, after being told that this could happen by his friend who is a couple of years older and has a scary story about EVERYTHING cause he is slightly afraid of everything, starts screaming with real fear, and running away from the water, back up the wet part of the sand tiptoeing around the little black worm trails to the dry sand where I am:

"Ahhhh I don't want those little worms to crawl inside my big guy!!" (Big guy is another term for his man parts because at a very young age while I was having lunch with a friend, he screamed "penis" over and over and I couldn't get him to stop in an Olive Garden.  This may have scared me for life regarding teaching your kids the anatomically correct names of body parts, even though I know it's the best thing for them.  The name originates from my wise uncle Dave who laughed uncontrollably when I told him the story of Olive Garden, and he jokingly said "just call it his big guy, no one will ever know what it is when he screams it in public"-and that's the rest of the story)
Me: (Trying not to bust out laughing) "What are you talking about"
Gentry: (Screaming and about to cry) "He said those little worms could crawl up in my big guy!! 
Me: (Turning to the boy) "I don't think that will really happen"
The Boy: "Yes it will, they are so tiny you wouldn't even know.  It really does happen, I promise"
Both boys were so sincere in their convictions fear about the "little worms" I really couldn't convince them otherwise.  So I reassured them if just ran really fast across the wet sand where the "worms" were they wouldn't get on them and they could still enjoy the ocean.  They went into the ocean to play and I sat on the beach all by myself laughing out loud at how funny the whole interaction was.  Even still he won't stand on the wet sand where those little worms are :)




**Ever since Gentry has been little.  He has pointed with his middle finger.  I'm not sure why, it's just a habit I guess.  Of course a couple of kids have pointed out that he uses the "bad finger" and he ignores them saying "that's stupid it's just the finger I point with".  I figure I will die on correcting the bad finger use for when he's older and is maybe using the gesture for more than pointing :) (Of course that will never happen cause my son is perfect...at least that's what all us parents say to make ourselves feel better about the mistakes our kiddos will inevitably make)

Wow G that is a really great drawing!! Or are you telling me to leave you alone when you draw?

"Randol get under my surf board we don't want any of those birds to poop on our heads"



Randol (our down stairs neighbor boy):  "Hey G do you want to play?"
Gentry: "Nah I'm settling down for the night, it's to close to bedtime and I need it to start being quiet around here.  Maybe tomorrow we can play" 
*Spoken like a little introvert learning to have boundaries!  I love it!  Wish I would have had boundaries like this when I was his age*




1 comment:

Katie said...

Ashlie, I was cracking up at work reading this!! Your little boy is a hoot!