Thursday, March 14, 2013

"I hope she doesn't turn pink!"

From the day we got our sweet little Molly Paws, we have loved her little blonde curls!  She is so fluffy and soft!  As all of us girls know, the beach life takes a toll on luscious blonde curls no matter how much grooming you do.  We take MP to the beach every afternoon and let her run around like a crazy pants.  She frolics in the ocean and then rolls in the sand...literally rolls in the sand.  She goes from a fluffy white fur ball, to a skinny black sand soaked rat in a matter of minutes.  She LOVES the beach.  

You can imagine how awesome it is washing her out every night, and the amount of excess sand she brings into the house!!  It's also so humid here those cute locks hold in moisture for far to long, and we have been told ticks are a HUGE problem so her curls will also hold in ticks too!  Yikes!!! So we decided to take the plunge and give Miss Molly Paws a hair cut hair buzz :)

Gentry was very concerned about cutting her cute curls and numerous times asked us not to cut her hair cause "she is just so cute"  I imagine he felt a little like I felt when he got his first hair cut and they cut those sweet baby curls off.  He didn't want to leave her at the Vet (who also does grooming and boarding, and sells machetes)  He kept asking to go back and check on her and the funniest thing he kept saying over and over was "Oh I  just don't want her to be pink"  He even told the Vet before we left "Your not gonna shave her until she's pink right?"  Then the Vet started and before we walked out G said again "Remember not pink"  For the life of me I couldn't figure out exactly what he was meaning.  When I asked him he acted as if I should know what he was talking about "Mom you know when people shave dogs and then they are just pink, I really don't want her to be all pink like that"

It wasn't until we went back to pick her up that I finally realized what he was talking about.  As soon as I saw her, I could not contain my laughter.  She didn't actually look pink but I knew exactly what he was afraid of, and she came pretty close to what cartoon animals look like when they are shaved :)


When I realized what a haircut meant in his mind, I completely understood why he was so concerned.  In all cartoons if an animal ever looses their hair, they really are pink!  Just like poor George from Monsters Inc.  To G's relief she wasn't pink, but looked completely different!


The combination of realizing why Gentry was so concerned with her hair cut to begin with, coupled with the fact MP came pretty close to that pink line, literally sent me over the edge in laughter in the middle of trying to pick her up from the Vet.  Gentry had MP on the leash while she frantically jumping and sniffing around cause she was so excited to see us, Jeff was trying to calm Molly down so she wouldn't knock everything in the store down while asking about the vaccinations she got and was hoping I would pay and check us out, but I was absolutely no help because I could not quit laughing.  (Side note, I have this problem when I think things are really funny, I really can't hold it in, I can't talk, I can't fake it until it's appropriate to laugh, I am literally captive to my laughter for however long it takes until to get it all out, and even then there are aftershocks that occasionally take over me.  I don't even fight it anymore, I just allow people to think I'm the crazy girl, because when something is funny, it's just funny in my book.  It's been an issue my whole life, all through school, even in Grad school, church, work meetings, dates with Jeff, dinners out with friends, a funeral (yes I said a funeral which is not a laughing matter but the sweet little old ladys grumbling stomach next to me was too much for me and my cousin to handle as young teens), and now the Vet office.  Thanks mom for the gift of laughter)  Jeff paid, wrangled Molly and he and G headed out the door of the office.  I was close behind them although I was hunched over laughing uncontrollably.  I'm sure the Vet and the couple of people that were in there thought I was nuts!

As we walked home, I was crying I was laughing so hard.  Jeff was probably a little annoyed I was no help, G kept asking what was so funny, and Molly Paws was just wagging that skinny little tail that was almost pink but not quite :)  Don't get me wrong she looks cute, but instead of a cute fluffy puppy, she kinda looks like a tall skinny rat, I don't think any of us realized how much fluff she had until it was all gone and she was almost pink.

I can send myself into a fit of laughter even still when I think about it, in fact I'm laughing out loud right now!  Oh my goodness there is just nothing better than a good laugh, even if your on your own.  Laugh hard, laugh often, laugh even if your the only one laughing!


Molly keeping watch with all her curls in tow!

I don't know when dogs out grow chasing their tail, but this is about a month and a half ago and she is still chasing that tail :)


Molly in all her glorious lioness fluff :)

Even soaking wet carrying a coconut, she had a little fluff to her.

That is what our puppy used to look like....now look at this skinny non-fluffy lanky pup!  


She looks so different!


Molly makes chasing coconuts look so fun, even the kids want to join in :)

 Molly is obsessed with fetching coconuts!  It's quite hilarious although not as hilarious as her pink hair cut :)  This is a river close by and she will swim around chasing the coconut for as long as it takes.  Good think she is a great swimmer :)

Don't let the beach bums and surfers fool you....Molly Paws  is the Queen of Jaco beach...She rules this beach!




Our skinny puppy with no curls!



No comments: